Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Social Media Made Me Do It

I've had it!  This is the last straw!  Facebook is ignoring me and I'm not going to stand for it any more.  Dang it, I feel just like I did in the cafeteria at South Junior High in Abilene, Texas (time to scrabble around in the aging brain cells here.....) oh yeah, 55 years ago, when I found myself sitting alone staring at my tray of commodity-based (color range: white to pale yellow) school lunch.  While the popular kids (who to my 12 year old brain consisted of everybody but me) all sat at different tables.

Well, I'll get back at Facebook.  I may be a senior citizen, but I'm not giving up.  I went to Barnes and Noble and bought Twitter for Dummies and A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization this morning, and I'm wrapping myself in a cocoon with them and the internet and will not emerge until I'm ready to debut as a virtual social butterfly.

By Monday I expect to know pretty much everythng there is about widgets and RSS and SMS and feeds and CMS, and well, all that stuff.  Hey, I helped get Down Home Ranch certified by the Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities, and good old DADS  invented the three-letter acronym (ok, sometimes 4-letter) (no, not that kind, although they certainly played a role in the process).

So don't mess with me, I can memorize acronyms til the cows come home (and mind you, they do).

Stay tuned, and prepare to be amazed.



Cartoon courtesy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Internet_dog.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment